For proper use of the app turn on location services. Mobile Internet (when on the move) or WIFI must be available.
Add the App to the autostart manager and to the optimization mode of the battery usage If you have such features on your device!!!
1. Make sure The Location Services and GPS are switched on for the device. These services have a tendency to switch off automatically from time to time.
2. Is Internet connection available? Is the mobile internet connection working properly?
3. Check the data exchange is allowed through the mobile internet. Check the Settings: The App should appear on the list.
4. Check push-notifications are allowed.
5. Some applications (Autostart Managers, Battery optimisation, Task killer, Cashcleaner, Antiviruses etc) can block and interfere with the App running. Make sure “My Family” is added to the list of allowed applications.
6. If you still experience a problem once all the above steps have been followed, please do not hesitate to contact our Support Team providing the following details:
- The issue persists while the App is running/closed?
- Type of your phone/device?
- Operational system/version details?
- Voip-connection (forced call) is not available. The App writes "sending data error".
1. Check the Internet is available on your child`s phone. Turn on/off the Internet connection.
2. Check the server is not overloaded at that moment. Turn on/off the kid`s mode.
3. Contact customer service and write to us the phone model on which there is no connection.
- The App shows inaccurate coordinates.
Accuracy depends on many factors (environment, your phone type etc). Sometimes your phone`s GPS module, cellular towers or WiFi points to which you are connected, can provide very inaccurate locations.
In some places you may have a weak signal. Also, compare that your location matches to other location tracking apps (for example, Google Maps).
- How can I improve the location accuracy on my phone?
1. To improve the location accuracy on your phone, make sure that you have turned on all location services, including GPS and WiFi. "My family" gets location from three sources: WiFi, cell towers and GPS signals.
2. Also, for some smartphone models you may need to install "locate only by gps" (in the Settings) of the location services, without improvement via wifi (network)
- After the update, the Family tag disappeared. The application offers to join a family by invite code again or create a new family.
Most likely you have an old ID or just renewed it. It can also occur if you reset the phone to default settings. sometimes it happens with a small number of our users. This is due to the lack of registration and account in our application. We do not have any reference to personal data. And our servers do not store any information of our users. Of course, this brings some problems to a small number of our users, but privacy in our time is very important. We are trying to minimize this problem.
1. Now you need to re-join the family by a new invite code.
2. You can also contact our support team: write your name in the application (think of any unique name with the additional characters, John343 for example.) We will check whether you have the correct ID and we can include you in the "old" family if you want to (write the name of the family and family members names).
- Geofence locations disappeared.
Since we do not store any user data, all data is stored on your devices only. Therefore, smth on your device deleted the backup file or it has not been created. Check, whether the data storing is allowed to the app: settings/applications/find the app in the list/permissions/storage/allowed
- Settings was gone.
As you know, we do not do not store any data of our users. All data is stored on your devices only. Therefore, smth on your device deleted the backup file or it has not been created. Check, whether the data storing is allowed to the app: settings/applications/find the app in the list/permissions/storage/allowed
- Does the internet connection is required for the app?
Yes, either mobile internet or Wi-Fi Internet connection is required.
- How to delete the user from a Family?
1. You must be the Administrator of a family (the one who created a family) in order to delete users. - If you are the administrator, it is available in the list of your family members. Click on the small icon with an arrow next to their names.
2. If you are not the administrator, it could happend, unfortunately, You can create a new family, and delete the old one. You will become the Administrator.
3. Also, you can write to our support service the name of a family and name of the user, that you want to delete. And we will delete.
- How to delete a Family tag?
You can delete the Family tag if you are the only user in it.
otherwise, you can just leave it. It is available in the list of your family members. Click on the small icon with an arrow next to your name.
- How to set the names of the family members?
Names can only be set by the users themselves. It is available in the application menu. After changing click on "pencil"/"floppy disk" to save.
- How to change the name of the Family?
The name of the Family is impossible to change right now. Soon we will add this feature to the Administrator of the family.
- Can I use the app on my home computer?
Yes, for desktops on windows 8 or above we have a windows desktop version. Install the application on the laptop from the link on our site.
- Not getting alerts from my Places (geofences).
The app takes notification settings from the phone settings.
1. Check, Did you allow the app to send you push notifications. Settings/notifications/search for the app in the list.
2. Contact our support team and write what phone from what phone not getting alerts.
- How to make the forced video call from the phone with Kid mode?
This feature is available in Premium Mode. Click on the icon "call" in user`s profile and then in next window click on the icon "camera" and the video connection will be installed.